All Ireland Champions 1934

Waterford win 1934 All Ireland Junior Hurling Final Continuing our look back at All Ireland Hurling finals with a Passage involvement next up is the All Ireland Junior Hurling Final of 1934 which Waterford won beating Kildare in Wexford Park on October 14th 1934 5-8 to 1-3 Paddy Donnelly Passage then playing with Erin's Own won his second All Ireland medal a junior one to add to the minor one won in 1929.The team for the final was selected from M Curley,W Hanley, F Fitzgerald, W and P Sheehan, J Hartigan all Tallow, J Whelan, Eire Og, J Keane G Kehoe, D Mahony, J Walsh, P Duggan ,B Doyle Mt Sion, M Regan ,J Gorman Lismore, J Healy Portlaw, M Creed, Paddy Donnelly Erin's Own, R Dalton, J Murphy ,J Burke all Dungarvan. Reports of the games at that time were sparse and in many games no actual teams were given but the above panel was in the Waterford news on the Friday before the game as given .On the way to the final Waterford beat Cork in the Munster final played in The Sports Field Waterford-now Walsh Park 8-10 to 5-2 and in the semifinal in they beat Galway 4-5 to 3-4 Waterford, 5-8; Kildare, 1-3. Munster Express Report Edited. . The Junior All-Ireland Hurling final between Waterford and Kildare played at Wexford Park on Sunday, was attended by a fair gathering: The game was rather a disappointing one; with Waterford gaining a rather easy; victory: by 5 goals 8 points, to 1goal 3 points. Kildare failed, to reach expectations Waterford played with the breeze in the opening moiety and. were quickly on the offensive. From a free, Kehoe registered the first point. Creed, shortly after sent them a further minor ahead and Walsh registered, another minor. Waterford continued the pressure arid netted per Donnelly. Hogan sent Kildare away and Doyle and Sheehan relieved. Waterford pushed up again and Murphy scored a goal Power (Kildare) broke away, missing a score by inches. Returning to the attack, Murphy credited Waterford with a major which was followed by a point, and Regan increased Waterford's lead by a. point. Before the interval a Kildare rally ended in W. Burke registering their first score. Waterford led by 3 goals 7 points out to 1 point at half-time. Kildare got away on resuming and McDonnell sent in for a goal. From the puck out Kildare continued the aggressive play and Foley pointed. Pressure in. Waterford territory was relieved and Kehoe converted. From a 70. Murphy shot wide - for Waterford, and Kildare whose play had improved, fought hard, and .a-strong onslaught ended in Foley sending over the bar. Back came Waterford and Mahony beat the defence for a goal. The same player added a minor on the puck-out. Exchanges in midfield put Kildare,in possession, and the Waterford defence cleared. In the last quarter Kildare were most on the defensive, and Waterford's scoring vein continued with another major. Mr. Sean O Kennedy Wexford refereed Below is the photo on the Irish Independent the day after the final of the team on All Ireland final day, Paddy Donnelly in back row second in from the left with a fellow behind him hidden

Recent Posts

See All

Annual General Meeting

There was a large and representaive attendance at the AGM which took place in the Community Centre with all Covid 19 restrictions applying. Tributes were paid to our Insurance Officer Ann Marie Fitzge

November 300 Draw

The winners are: €200: Des Kennedy. €150: Catherine Cullinane. €100: Michael Murphy. €50: Martin Murphy.

Club AGM

The Annual General Meeting will be held on Friday November 19th at 7:30pm in the Community Centre, Passage East. Please forward nominations for Officers/Committee and motions by email to